- This recipe is modified/simplified from the one posted on CFSCC presents: Eat This! I was never a fan of pork chops … until now! Before I’d have to douse them in apple sauce or mac & cheese in order to consume.
- 1 apple, 1 yellow onion, 4 strips of bacon, and 4 thick cut boneless pork chops
- Cook & dice the bacon, dice the apple, dice and sauté the onion in the bacon fat. Once the onions are sautéed add the diced apple for a couple minutes until apple bits start to soften. Add the diced bacon, stir and shut off heat.
- Cook the pork chops about 4-5 minutes each side on medium-low heat, stuff with apple/bacon/onion stuffing, and cook in oven on 350 for 20-25. We use toothpicks to close the pork chops and help prevent leakage. Top the cooked pork chops with the rest of the stuffing after briefly re-heating and enjoy your possibly newfound love of pork chops!
- Also works with lamb chops. Both pork chops and lamb chops are pictured.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Thursday, June 2, 2011
- This recipe was found in Primal Blueprint Quick & Easy Meals. We used ½ lb of sausage (more than pictured), 1 zucchini (less than pictured), 1 red bell pepper, and 3 cups of sauerkraut. Sauté the sausage over medium heat until browned and heated through (we just cooked the sausage in the pan which left plenty of fat to sauté the zucchini and red bell pepper in). Add the zucchini and red bell pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the sauerkraut and sauté until heated. That’s it! We diced up and split a tomato with a little sea salt as the side.